The house that Auckland University bought for $5 million for vice-chancellor Dawn Freshwater, has now been listed for sale online and agents are giving viewings, Stuff reports. The decision came after a strongly-worded report from Auditor General John Ryan late last year, stating there had not been a justifiable business case to support the purchase. The university bought the house in November 2019 for $5,062,000, which was around $1.5 million over the 2017 capital valuation (CV) of $3,475,000.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday