The house that Auckland University bought for $5 million for vice-chancellor Dawn Freshwater, has now been listed for sale online and agents are giving viewings, Stuff reports. The decision came after a strongly-worded report from Auditor General John Ryan late last year, stating there had not been a justifiable business case to support the purchase. The university bought the house in November 2019 for $5,062,000, which was around $1.5 million over the 2017 capital valuation (CV) of $3,475,000.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor